Scroll down for an overview of Morocco as a family travel destination.
5 Handy Tips:
1. Cash – Morroco is a predominantly cash country. Even the accommodation we had booked through Booking . com required cash payment as a lot of the smaller homestays and riads don’t have card machines.
2. Car sickness tablets – prepare in advance as the mountain roads are VERY windy. Even though our son never normally suffers from travel sick he was very ill on one of the mountain passes.
3. Sleeping bag liner – another community member recommended this as the bedding at the Bedouin desert camps is very basic. The liner gave a perfect layer between us and the blankets that are provided.
4. Moisturiser and lip balm – the air is very dry and your skin, particularly lips, are prone to cracking
5. Snacks – stock up on any snacks in one of the major supermarkets in the cities. The local shops en route are incredibly expensive.