Katmandu has a number of supermarkets in the central areas where it’s feasible to stock up on milk powder, nappies and baby wipes. There are also smaller chemists and pharmacies in the central shopping area that stock tins of baby milk powder (see pic below).
If you are in need of baby products you can ask for directions to any of the following stores:
- Kasthamandap Bazaar, Durbar Marg, Kathmandu
- Family Store, Naxal, Kathmandu
- R.B. Complex, New Road, Kathmandu
- Dillibazar super market, Dillibazar, Kathmandu
- Grihini supermarket, Kathmandu
- Saleways Department Store, Jawalakhel, Kathmandu,
It’s also feasible to buy infant products in Pochora, but if you’re heading up into the mountains to trek, take enough supplies with you to last the trip.
The tea houses do have small shops, but the stock is limited and reliant on deliveries made by donkey or by foot.